Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Defending RBlog

As a former editor of Richmond.com, I got my boxer briefs in a bit of a ruffle when I saw the lashing that the River City blog community was giving RBlog and Richmond Magazine for its recent accolade.

Yes, I’m very, very subjective. And yes, there was a good amount of static between the entries at times in Richmond.com's aptly named RBlog. But you would have thought the awarding of RBlog as Best Blog was akin to Marissa Tomei winning an Oscar for "My COusin Vinny" with the blistering sniping it’s receiving.

Sure, RBlog doesn’t spend much time bitching about rogue tow trucks, waxing lyrically on lower back tattoos or oozing tween angst, but I’d like to think that the blog did some unique and fun reporting. Maybe not. You be the judge:

RBlog: Following the Rams

RBlog: The Road to Invention

RBlog: Honing in on Homelessness

3 comments:

john m said...

I like richmond.com, it has it's niche. That said, rblog misses like the RTD "blogs", in that they have no identity outside of the larger publication, and do not really function as blogs. rblog is really just a random column, not a blog.

I'd *love* to read a blog from richmond.com that is actually about and reflects the site, with some personality and individual content, but that one ain't it.

john m said...

(and this might be a better link to rvablogs)

Clay Blancett said...

That's funny, my 'tween angst usually waxes lyrically about my lower back pain.