Friday, December 28, 2007

I am Legend: Driving thru NYC on Xmas

I want to throw a shout out to baby Jesus for creating a holiday in which there’s less traffic than downtown Provo on Fat Tuesday. On Christmas Day, my GF, mutt and I managed to travel from Boston to Richmond in less than 10 hours, including lots of potty stops and snack runs. While driving across the GW bridge from the Bronx in no traffic – and the Big Apple looming in the background - I felt like Will Smith in “I Am Legend” driving on the big screen sans humanity. I even had the dog. If I had a time machine and could to it again, I would have blasted “Gettin' Jiggy with it” to complete the experience.

I’m getting to the point… Upon arriving back in the Fan, we were greeted by street cleaning parking prohibitions for Thursday and Friday….DURING THE BIGGEST TRAVEL WEEK OF THE YEAR. These hadn’t been posted when we left the previous Friday. Congrats to the City of Richmond for taking advantage of VCU students and young professionals who left their car curbside in Richmond while they celebrated the holidays hundreds of miles away, only to come back to no car and a steep towing recovery fine. If Will Smith was mayor, this wouldn’t stand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of movies -- are your reviews available online anywhere now? The rotten tomatoes site links to richmond.com, which has unceremoniously dumped them from their site.